Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things about me....my new discoveries

As people we change often, adapting to situations outside of our control, change our points of view, change clothes...ok, that's a given. But, what I want to share with you all is how I have discovered new things about me as I have become a mom...things that I wouldn't normally share but for some reason feel compelled to do so...so, here it is.
-I secretly love watching Hannah Montana
-I really love the smell of crayons and playdoh
-If there was a choice between reading the newspaper or a Highlights, I would pic the latter of the two.
-I love childbirth...all of it, from the yucky contractions to the pushing and all the other stuff in between....I especially love the payoff. I don't use drugs in labor, and I think it is all the more exhilerating.
-I sing the theme song to the Wonderpets at least once during any given day...okay, maybe twice.
-I love the way my kids smell when they haven't bathed...is that gross? Sometimes we don't get home intime for their bath, so we put them to bed "dirty"....Their sweaty heads in the middle of the night, all mushed up against mine, it smells like...them.
-I would much rather watch a children's program than a daytime soap or the news...I don't even watch the news anymore.
-Shopping for my kids is more enjoyable than shopping for me....seriously, I go out with the intention of buying something for me and gravitate to the clearance section of the kids dept...come out with a bagful of tnt stuff and nothin' for mama...but I am satisfied!
-I have a better sex life since having kids...we are forced to get creative and outside of our bedroom, since they sleep in there! It's great...
-I don't brush my hair nearly enough....hence this dreadlockish bun on the back of my head...oy!
-Blue is a girl...so is Linny (if you are a mama of little ones, you know who I am refering to.)
I know, I know...not compelling at all, but, it's stuff that I realized about me and it makes up a large portion of the person I am now. A mom. First and foremost. I still enjoy all the other things that I used to do, but, this is just far more satisfying and rewarding to me...so, pass me the Highlights magazine and lets find some hidden pictures.
-

1 comment:

Jenn.y.Fur said...

It's like you just read MY mind... I TOTALLY love Hannah Montana and am glad Jillian loves her cuz it gives ME a chance to watch it! but don't tell anyone K? :o) AND It took me MONTHS of convincing Shaun that Blue was a girl..and Magenta was a boy... months... LOL!